Rocky Glen Falls is an amazing 4-star-rated waterfall located in Lincoln, New Hampshire on the iconic Basin-Cascades Trail. The waterfall has a total height of just over 35 feet and can be found along Cascade Brook. Cascade Brook flows great year-round and this makes Rocky Glen Falls wonderful to visit on any day of the year. That said, the brook often flows strongest during the spring when the snow melts. Many photographers flock to the falls during the months of March, April, and May to capture it at full force. It’s also wonderful during the summer, fall, and winter too.
The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of cascades and small plunges. At the base of the falls, there is a small pool, but it’s not possible to swim in. Better swimming can be found at a pool downstream.
Accessing the waterfall is simple but does require a bit of a hike. The waterfall is located in Franconia Notch State Park within the White Mountain National Forest which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park at the Basin Cascades Trailhead parking lot along Styles Bridges Highway which is also known as US Route 3. From the trailhead, the hike to the falls is exactly 1 mile and features 344 feet of elevation gain.
While hiking Basin-Cascades Trail, visitors will pass The Basin and Kinsman Falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and at the waterfall.
Looking for more great waterfalls to explore in NH? Check out the Full New Hampshire Waterfall List!
- Height: 35 feet
- Type: Cascades and plunges
- Water Source: Cascade Brook
- Swimming: Not possible
- Park: Franconia Notch State Park within the White Mountain National Forest
- Address: Styles Bridges Highway / US Route 3
- Town: Lincoln
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: 44.125853, -71.694884
- Parking Notes: There is a large parking area at the Basin Cascades Trailhead along Styles Bridges Highway which is also known as US Route 3. A small fee is charged at a self-pay station.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE