Salroc Fall is a wonderful waterfall located in Randolph, New Hampshire. The waterfall has a total height of about 20 feet and can be found along Snyder Brook. Snyder Brook is a somewhat seasonal brook that often flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Considering the water flow is often most excellent in the spring, the months of March, April, and May are recommended for visitors hoping to see peak water flow. That said, Salroc Falls is an awesome location to visit year-round.
The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of a fan, slides, and cascades. There are two main sections of the falls. Salroc Lower Falls is about 8 feet tall and features wonderful cascades and slides. The upper falls are about 100 feet upstream. The upper falls drop about 12 feet and feature a fan followed by cascades.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively quick and easy. The waterfall is located along the iconic Fallsway Trail in the White Mountain National Forest. Parking is available at the Appalachia Trailhead Parking Lot located along Gorham Hill Road in Randolph. Salroc Falls can be found after hiking 0.60 miles along the Fallsway Trail. Be sure to check out Gorham Fall on the way. Ultimately, the journey out and back to Salroc Fall is 1.20 miles and features 285 feet of elevation gain. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a fantastic route to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail.
- Height: 20-foot total drop
- Type: Fan, slides, and cascades
- Water Source: Snyder Brook
- Swimming: Not good
Salroc Fall Location
- Park: White Mountain National Forest
- Address: Gorham Hill Road / US Route 2
- Town: Randolph
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: 44.36444, -71.28818
- Parking Notes: Visitors can park at the Appalachia Trailhead Parking Lot located along Gorham Hill Road in Randolph, New Hampshire. Gorham Hill Road is also known as US Route 2. This parking area has direct access to the Fallsway Trail.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.