Shipyard Falls is a stunning waterfall located in East Hampton, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 20 feet and it can be found along Mine Brook. Mine Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Shipyard Falls is a beautfiul waterfall to see year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of a dam followed by a plunge. There is also a bridge over the falls.
Viewing the waterfall is super easy considering it is located right along the road. Sadly, the waterfall is surrounded by private property, so the views of the falls are limited to the street.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 20-foot total drop
- Type: Plunge below a dam
- Water Source: Mine Brook
- Swimming: Not possible and not allowed
- Park: Surrounded by private property, only viewable from the road
- Address: Shipyard Road
- Town: East Hampton
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: 41.552502, -72.552540
- Parking Notes: No dedicated parking is available for the waterfall considering it is surrounded by private property.
- Parking Directions: N/A
- Location Directions: HERE