Silver Cascade is a beautiful 250-foot waterfall located in Crawford Notch State Park in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. The waterfall is located just off Crawford Notch Road (Highway 320). In fact, Silver Cascade can be viewed from the road.
For visitors looking to get a closer or longer look at the falls, there is a small pullover parking lot located right in front of the waterfall. Visitors are welcome to explore near the plunges and cascades but should be careful as the surfaces get wet. The best and safest area to view the falls is from the base. These tall cascades are best to visit in the springtime during the snowmelt season or following stormy weather. That said, fall foliage is fun to see around the waterfall!
Don’t miss out on seeing Flume Cascade which is a 300-foot waterfall located just a few hundred feet north of Silver Cascade!
- Height: Approximately 250 feet of vertical drop is visible
- Type: Plunges and cascades
- Water source: Silver Cascade Brook
- Swimming: Prohibited and/or not possible
- Park: Crawford Notch State Park
- Address: Crawford Notch Rd
- Town: Hart’s Location
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: Lat 44.20723 Lng -71.40190
- Parking Notes: There is a paved roadside parking area located in front of Silver Cascade along Highway 320. There are spaces for just about a dozen cars and parking is free.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE