Smalls Falls is a 54-foot series of waterfalls and cascades on the Sandy River just north of Rangeley, Maine. The waterfall is conveniently located in the Smalls Falls Rest Area on Main Street. It can be accessed by walking just a few hundred feet from the rest area. There are four sets of falls: The bottom of Small Falls has a small 3-foot cascade that flows into a large circular pool. The next waterfall is a 14-foot fanning horsetail that flows into a rectangular pool. The next higher waterfall has a 25-foot drop and features a plunge and horsetails. Lastly, the top waterfall is a 12-foot horsetail and slide.
The waterfall is popular all year round. In the winter and spring, you will find visitors venturing around the falls as they are roaring. In the summer, you will find people swimming around in the pools and jumping from rocks. In the fall, you will see the beautiful Small Falls surrounded by lovely foliage.
Don’t miss out on this stunning roadside waterfall in Maine! Find other great spots to explore in Maine at goxplr.com/map/maine
- Height: 55-foot total drop
- Type: Horsetails and cascades
- Water source: Sandy River
- Swimming: Great swimming
- Park: Smalls Falls Rest Area
- Address: Main Street
- Town: Rangeley
- State: Maine
- GPS: Lat 44.85867 Lng -70.51664
- Parking Notes: There are parking areas for Smalls Falls are located on both sides of Main Street in Rangeley, Maine. There is ample parking available and it is free. The parking areas are only a short distance from the waterfall.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE