Southford Falls is an impressive waterfall located in Southford and Oxford, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 50 feet and it can be found along Eightmile Brook. Eightmile Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Southford Falls is a fun spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of mainly cascades along with a small plunge.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in Southford Falls State Park which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park in the large lot located off Quaker Farms Road and then hike just 0.10 miles one-way to the falls. The waterfall trail is short and very family-friendly. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of the park.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 50-foot total drop
- Type: Cascades and a small plunge too
- Water Source: Eightmile Brook
- Swimming: Not allowed and not possible
- Park: Southford Falls State Park
- Address: Quaker Farms Road
- Town: Southford and Oxford
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: 41.457758, -73.165250
- Parking Notes: There is a large paved parking lot located right off Quaker Farms Road in Southford, Connecticut. Parking is free.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.