Spruce Brook Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Beacon Falls, Connecticut. There are several different drops along Spruce Brook and a tributary that make up the waterfall. One of the main highlights is a 15-foot plunge waterfall along Spruce Brook. Another highlight is a 40-foot waterfall located along a tributary of Spruce Brook. Both are stunning waterfalls and popular among photographers taking long-exposure photos.
Spruce Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring to see the full force, Spruce Brook Falls is a wonderful spot to visit year-round.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the 5,000-acre Naugatuck State Forest which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park in the lot along Cold Spring Road and then hike along Spruce Brook for about a quarter-mile to the falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of the forest.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: There are several district drops along Spruce Brook which make up Spruce Brook Falls. The largest plunge on Spruce Brook drop 15 feet and the upper falls on the tributary drop 40 feet.
- Type: Plunges and cascades
- Water Source: Spruce Brook and a tributary to Spruce Brook
- Swimming: Fair in some of the pools
- Park: Naugatuck State Forest
- Address: Cold Spring Road
- Town: Beacon Falls
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: 41.4578904,-73.0654524
- Parking Notes: There are several parking areas located near the waterfall. All lots are along Cold Spring Road. Please not, the finally mile of Cold Spring Road is not extremely well-maintained. Most cars should be able to get to the parking area just fine. Parking is free.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.