Spruce Glen Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Wallingford, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 14 feet and it can be found along Spruce Glen Brook. The brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring to see the most watershed, Spruce Glen Falls is truly a great place to visit year-round.
One of the biggest draws to visiting the falls is its unique formation. The waterfall drops in a straight plunge. It is a dramatic sight to see, especially when the brook is flowing at capacity.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively simple. The waterfall is located in the Orchard and Spruce Glen Conservation Area which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park along Barnes Industrial Park North at the trailhead and then hike the Orchard Glen Trail to the falls. This trail is a 2.1 mile loop and at about the half-way point it reaches the falls. The trail offer s a view of the waterfall from above. It can be dangerous to scramble down to the base of the falls due to how steep and slippery the rocks are. As always, stay on the trail only.
The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of the park.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 14 feet
- Type: Plunge
- Water Source: Spruce Glen Brook
- Swimming: Not possible and not allowed
- Park: Orchard and Spruce Glen Conservation Area
- Address: Barnes Industrial Park North
- Town: Wallingford
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: 41.500834, -72.794168
- Parking Notes: Parking is available at the end of Barnes Industrial Park North right at the trailhead. The Orchard Glen Trail is a 2.1 mile loop trail which allows visitors to see the waterfall.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.