Stairs Falls is a spectacular 15-foot waterfall located in Franconia Notch State Park within the White Mountains of New Hampshire. The waterfall features beautiful cascades and plunges down a small, but steep, granite cliff. There is a shallow pool at the base of the waterfall, which is a great place to get a low-angle view of the waterfall. In the spring, the waterfall flows strongest because the Dry Brook gets fueled by the melting snow from Mount Lincoln and Little Haystack Mountain.
The waterfall is located 0.9 miles from the Falling Waters Trailhead. Stairs Falls is the third major waterfall located along the 3.2-mile Falling Waters Trail. The two waterfalls further from the trailhead are Swiftwater Falls and Cloudland Falls.
Do you love chasing waterfalls? Check out the 10 Tallest Waterfalls In New Hampshire!
- Height: 15 feet
- Type: Cascades and plunges
- Water source: Dry Brook
- Swimming: N/A
- Park: Franconia Notch State Park
- Address: Route 93
- Town: Lincoln
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: Lat 44.13664 Lng -71.67288
- Parking Notes: There is a very large paved parking lot located at the Old Bridle Path Trailhead off I-93. Additional parking can be found across I-93 at the Lafayette Place Campground where there is an underground highway tunnel to the trailhead.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE