Sutherland Falls, also known as Proctor Falls or Otter Creek Falls, is a lovely waterfall located in Proctor, Vermont. The waterfall drops about 50 feet and it can be found along Otter Creek. Otter Creek features a large watershed and for this reason, the falls often are very powerful. That said, the falls can be found below a hydroelectric dam which is used to generate power. This dam does control the water flow and it sometimes restricts water flow.
The falls themselves drop in a unique formation consisting of cascades and horsetails. As mentioned before, they can be found right below the hydroelectric dam. They are on private property, but respectful visitors are welcome. There is even a parking area for the public which can hold about 10 cars. Parking is free and the falls are just steps from the parking area. Ultimately, this is a wonderful family-friendly, and dog-friendly waterfall to explore any day of the year.
- Height: 50 feet
- Type: Cascades and horsetails below a dam
- Water Source: Otter Creek
- Swimming: Not allowed
Sutherland Falls Location
- Park: N/A located on private property, but respectful visitors are allowed
- Address: Patch Street
- Town: Proctor
- State: Vermont
- GPS: 43.663794, -73.033996
- Parking Notes: Although the falls are located on private property, there is a dedicated parking area for the public who seek to admire the falls.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE