Valley Forge Falls is a beautiful little waterfall located in Weston, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of about 5 feet and it can be found along Saugatuck River. The Saugatuck River flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. That said, throughout the year, the river does have a pretty solid watershed. This leads to Valley Forge Falls being a great place to visit year-round.
In terms of formation, the waterfall features several cascades. The cascades drop into a large pool which can be great for swimming in during the summer months. Be careful if you choose to swim because the depth varies a lot.
Accessing the waterfall is super quick and easy. The waterfall is located right on the border of Devils Glen Park which, of course, is home to Devil’s Glen Falls. Valley Forge Falls are located just a few feet off Valley Forge Road. The falls can just barely be seen while driving, so it is best to park and then walk along the road to admire the falls. There is a small parking area for about 4-5 cars a few hundred feet upstream of the falls. Parking here is free.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 5 feet
- Type: Cascades
- Water Source: Saugatuck River
- Swimming: Good
- Park: On the border of Devils Glen Park
- Address: Valley Forge Road
- Town: Weston
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: 41.245068, -73.349062
- Parking Notes: There is a parking area located along Valley Forge Road a few hundred feet upstream (north) of the falls. The lot is right near the large dam. This parking area can hold about 4-5 cars and parking here is free.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE