Wadsworth Little Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Wadsworth Falls State Park in Middlefield, Connecticut. The waterfall is the little brother to Wadsworth Big Falls that is located just over a half-mile away. Wadsworth Little Falls drops a total of 40 feet and it features dozens of small plunges. The waterfall is fueled by Wadsworth Brook which only flows strong after heavy rainfall or during the spring when the snow melts. Due to the water flow typically being low, the waterfall is not extremely popular.
A short hike is required to access Wadsworth Little Falls. Visitors can park at the Wadsworth Falls State Park parking lot located at 25 Cherry Hill Road in Middlefield and then walk down the road to the trailhead. The trail to the waterfall is a half-mile each way and marked with red blazes.
- Height: 40 feet
- Type: Small plunges
- Water Source: Wadsworth Brook
- Swimming: Not possible
- Park: Wadsworth Falls State Park
- Address: 25 Cherry Hill Road
- Town: Middlefield
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: 41.52785, -72.68894
- Parking Notes: Visitors of Wadsworth Little Falls can park at the same parking lot as visitors of Wadsworth Big Falls. The parking area can hold about two dozen cars, but it does get very busy on nice days. There is a small fee to park at this lot for cars without Connecticut license plates.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE