West River Trail Cascades is a beautiful waterfall located in Jamaica, Vermont. The waterfall drops about 15 feet in total and can be found along an unnamed tributary of the West River. This tributary is a pretty seasonal water source and often features small water flow. To see the West River Trail Cascades in peak conditions, it is best to visit during the springtime when the flow is strongest. Typically, the strongest flow occurs in May and June. That said, the waterfall is a fun place to visit year-round.
The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of cascades and horsetails. There are two main drops that make up the 15-foot waterfall.
West River Trail Cascades Trail Information
- Trail Length: 2.7 miles
- Trail Difficulty: Moderate
- Elevation Gain: 595 feet
- Route Type: Out-and-back
- Dog Policy: Dogs are allowed on West River Trail
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy, but does require a good hike. Visitors can park in the dirt parking area along Hamilton Falls Road at the trailhead to the Hamilton Falls Trail. Visitors seeking the West River Trail Cascades can first hike along Hamilton Falls Trail for 1 mile until reaching the West River Trail. Then, take the West River Trail east for about 0.40 miles. The waterfall is about 150 feet off the trail along the small tributary. Be sure to also check out Hamilton Falls, which is located near the parking area. This is a great two-for-one waterfall hike!
Ultimately, this waterfall is a great place to explore and makes for a family-friendly and dog-friendly adventure.
- Height: 15 feet
- Type: Cascades and horsetails
- Water Source: Unnamed tributary of the West River
- Swimming: Not possible
West River Trail Cascades Location
- Park: Jamaica State Park
- Address: Hamilton Falls Road
- Town: Jamaica
- State: Vermont
- GPS: 43.121002, -72.758668
- Parking Notes: Visitors can park along Hamilton Falls Road at the trailhead to Hamilton Falls Trail. To access the waterfall, visitors can hike Hamilton Falls Trail to the West River Trail where the waterfall is located along.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE