Wintergreen Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Hamden, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 15 feet and features lovely cascades. It can be found along West Brook. West Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Due to how seasonal this brook is, it is best to visit the falls during the springtime. That said, the waterfall can be a fun spot to visit year-round.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively super quick easy. The waterfall is located in the West Rock Nature Center which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park in the paved lot at 1110 Wintergreen Avenue and then hike less than 1/10 of a mile one-way to the falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and dogs are welcome too!
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 15 feet
- Type: Cascades
- Water Source: West Brook
- Swimming: Not possible and not allowed
- Park: West Rock Nature Center
- Address: 1110 Wintergreen Avenue
- Town: Hamden
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: 41.346502, -72.966834
- Parking Notes: There is a parking area conveniently located just about 100 feet from the waterfall. The parking area can be found on Wintergreen Avenue and it features enough spaces for about a dozen cars. Parking is free.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE