The Squantum Yacht Club was created in 1890 by a group of like-minded people who wanted to encourage sailing and boating on Boston’s south coast. The club is a jointly owned endeavor by both sailors and power boaters, with each member giving both money and effort to maintain the goals of its founders, the clubhouse, and its docks, which are located on Quincy Bay at Wollaston Beach. Each year in July, the SYC sponsors the Lipton Cup Regatta, in which eastern Massachusetts sailing clubs and programs participate in a series of races on Quincy Bay.
Many photographers visit the yacht club to capture its beauty as it sits above Wollaston Beach. It is an especially beautiful spot at sunrise and sunset.
Looking for more great spots to explore nearby? Check out the GoXplr Massachusetts Map at goxplr.com/map/massachusetts!
- Type: Ocean (white sand)
- Length: 2+ miles
- Waves: Calm
- Popularity: Medium
- Key features: Wollaston Beach features a continuous walkway, seawall, and concession stands on the land side of Quincy Shore Drive. Also, the Squantum Yacht Club.
- Address: 646 Quincy Shore Dr
- Town: Wollaston
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: Lat 42.27946 Lng -71.01397
- Parking notes: The several residential neighborhoods along Quincy Shore Drive are all within walking distance to Wollaston Beach. There is also plenty of parking. From the MBTA Red Line’s Wollaston station, take the Wollaston Beach/Ashmont Bus #217, or walk along Beach Street from the Wollaston T Station.
- Parking directions: Varies
- Location directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.