The Wonalancet Union Church is a stunning chapel located at 3436 Chinook Trail in the unincorporated community of Wonalancet in Tamworth, New Hampshire. Hi and Benjamin Currier along with Daniel Tilton donated land for the chapel in 1880. The church was completed in 1880. When Kate Sleeper requested that the chapel be repaired in 1890, Hill and Waddell Mill provided the sawing and mill employees. A tower and bell were erected in 1896. The chapel was renovated in 1937 according to architect Stanley Orcutt’s plans.
As you approach the intervale, the chapel is a lovely sight over the field. The sight of the white chapel in front of New Hampshire’s famous White Mountains is simply breathtaking. There are many different angles you can photograph the church from.
- Address: 3436 Chinook Trail
- Town: Tamworth (Wonalancet)
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: Lat 43.90791 Lng -71.34939
- Parking notes: Visitors are able to park next to the Wonalancet Union Church and also along the Chinook Trail (Route 113A). It is a very low-key area.
- Parking directions: HERE
- Location directions: HERE