Yantic Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Norwich, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 40 feet and it can be found along the Yantic River. The Yantic River flows strong year-round so it is a great waterfall to see during any month of the year.
The waterfall is part dam and part natural. After the dam, there is a lovely series of plunges and cascades. Photographers often bring tripods to capture long exposure of the falling water.
One of the greatest aspects of the waterfall is how easy it is to see. The waterfall is located in the Yantic Falls Park which is well-maintained. There’s a bridge going over the falls which is handicap accessible and offers wonderful views of the falls from above. Additionally, there are observation decks on the side of the river offers wonderful views. Plenty of parking can be found on Yantic Street.
This is a wonderful waterfall for people of all ages and abilities to visit. The park is also dog friendly which is a major plus.
- Height: 40-foot total drop
- Type: Plunges and cascades below a dam
- Water Source: Yantic River
- Swimming: Not allowed or possible
- Park: Yantic Falls Park
- Address: Yantic Street
- Town: Norwich
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: Lat 41.533971 Lng -72.0901157
- Parking Notes: There is a parking area for visitors of the waterfall located along Yantic Street, a few hundred feet from the falls. Parking for Yantic Falls is free.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE