Bash Bish Falls is a spectacular waterfall located in Mount Washington, Massachusetts within Berkshire County. The waterfall has a total height of 80 feet and it can be found along Bash Bish Brook. Bash Bish Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring to see it at full force, Bash Bish Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of a stunning plunge.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Bash Bish Falls State Park which features a well-marked trail system. It is also adjacent to Mount Washington State Forest in Massachusetts and the Taconic State Park in New York.
There are two parking lots for the waterfall located along Falls Road, aka Route 344 in New York. Both lots are both free to park at. The Massachusetts parking area is small and limited to 24 cars. The benefit of this parking area is that the waterfall is only a 1/3 mile away. The New York parking area is much larger and visitors can hike 1.5 miles out and back trail to the waterfall. Pets are allowed at Bash Bish Falls but must be on a leash always.
Looking for more great spots to explore in Massachusetts? Check out our Massachusetts map at goxplr.com/map/massachusetts!
- Height: 80-foot total drop
- Type: Plunge
- Water source: Bash Bish Brook
- Swimming: Prohibited and/or not possible
Bash Bish Falls Location
- Park: Bash Bish Falls State Park
- Address: Bash Bish Falls Rd
- Town: Mt Washington
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: Lat 42.11569 Lng -73.49377
- Parking Notes: There are two parking lots for the waterfall and both are free to park at. The upper parking lot is located in Massachusetts. The lower parking lot is located in New York on State Route 344. The upper lot is closest to the waterfall.
- Parking Directions: Upper Lot (HERE) and Lower Lot (HERE)
- Location Directions: HERE
Bash Bish Falls! Sad they have the stairs blocked off and the top is all barricaded due to people’s lack of commonsense 🙄