Bulls Bridge Cascades is a beautiful roadside waterfall located in Kent, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 15 feet and it can be found along the Housatonic River. The river flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Bulls Bridge Cascades is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of cascades and a dam.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Housatonic River Project Recreation Area which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park in the dedicated lot along Bulls Ridge Road and then go explore the falls. The lower falls can be seen right from the covered bridge and the upper falls can be seen after a quick hike up the river. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of the Housatonic River Project Recreation Area.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 15 feet
- Type: Cascades and a dam
- Water Source: Housatonic River
- Swimming: Not allowed
- Park: Housatonic River Project Recreation Area
- Address: Bulls Bridge Road
- Town: Kent
- State: Connecticut
- Upper cascades, 41.678292, -73.508716
- Dam & lower cascades, 41.676332, -73.509272
- Parking Notes: There is a dedicated parking lot for visitors of the bridge and the waterfall. The parking area is located a few hundred feet from the eastern entrance to Bulls Covered Bridge along Bulls Bridge Road.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE (upper cascades) and HERE (dam and lower cascades)