Falls on Roaring Brook Number 2 is a wonderful and easily accessible waterfall in Sheepskin Hollow Preserve in East Haddam, Connecticut. The waterfall is located just a few hundred feet from the trailhead and parking lot. In total, the waterfall drops about 8 feet and features a series of cascades and slides. The falls are fueled by Roaring Brook Number 2 which flows pretty strong all year round. That said, the best time to visit the waterfall is during the springtime when the snow is melting or after a rainy day.
The falls are easy to spot right from the trail. There is a wooden bridge that passes over Roaring Brook Number 2 which offers a wonderful view of the waterfall. Additionally, explorers can walk along the brook to get a closer look. Be careful though as it can be slippery near the waterfall. It is unknown if swimming is allowed.
Be sure to also visit the Falls at Sheepskin Hollow Preserve which are located in the same park and just a short walk away.
- Height: 8 feet
- Type: Cascades and slides
- Water Source: Roaring Brook Number 2
- Swimming: Not rated
- Park: Sheepskin Hollow Preserve
- Address: Sheepskin Hollow Road
- Town: East Haddam
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: Lat 41.460833 Lng -72.377778
- Parking Notes: There is a small dirt parking lot located near the end of Sheepskin Hollow Preserve. The parking area is well-marked and can hold about 4-5 cars. The trail leading to the waterfall leaves from the parking lot. It is only a few hundred feet away.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.