Hancock Brook Cascades is a beautiful waterfall located in Waterbury, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 30 feet and it can be found along a tributary to Hancock Brook. The tributary flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, the Hancock Brook Cascades are fun to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique horsetail formation.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Mattatuck State Forest which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park along Spruce Brook Road in a dirt parking area located right across the road from the trailhead. The trail to the waterfall is 0.90 miles one-way. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of the Mattatuck State Forest.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 30 feet
- Type: Horsetail
- Water Source: Tributary to Hancock Brook
- Swimming: Not possible and not allowed
- Park: Mattatuck State Forest
- Address: Spruce Brook Road
- Town: Waterbury
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: Lat 41.599668 Lng -73.046668
- Parking Notes: There is a small roadside dirt parking area located along Spruce Brook Road across the road from the trailhead. The falls are a 0.90 miles one-way hike from the trailhead.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.