Hatch Brook Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Sharon, Connecticut and it is often considered one of the best in the state. The waterfall has a total height of 30 feet and it can be found along Hatch Brook. The brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Hatch Brook Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique horsetail formation.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Housatonic Meadows State Park which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park in a large paved lot along Route 7 and then hike 0.25 miles one-way to the falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of the Housatonic Meadows State Park.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 30 feet
- Type: Horsetail
- Water Source: Hatch Brook
- Swimming: Not allowed and not possible
- Park: Housatonic Meadows State Park
- Town: Sharon
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: Lat 41.835660 Lng -73.386670
- Parking Notes: There is a large paved parking area for the waterfall located along Route 7 in Sharon, Connecticut. The waterfall can be reach via a 0.25 mile one-way hike.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE