Holland Glen is a beautiful waterfall located in Belchertown, Massachusetts. The waterfall features a main drop of 15 feet and it can be found along Hop Brook. Hop Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Holland Glen is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of cascades, slides, and a stunning small plunge.
Photographers often enjoy taking long-exposure photos of the waterfall and tripods are recommended for those who have them. It is also a very photogenic waterfall considering visitors can easily access the base of the falls and see the true scale of the water dropping. The waterfall is not extremely well-known which makes it a great place to re-connect with nature and enjoy the sound of flowing water.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located on land owned and maintained by the town of Belchertown. There is a well-marked trail system and the Holland Glen Trail takes explorers to the waterfall. The hike to the waterfall is about 1/3 of a mile one-way. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Massachusetts to explore? Check out goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-massachusetts-full-list
- Height: 15 foot main drop
- Type: Cascades, slides, and a small plunge
- Water Source: Hop Brook
- Swimming: Not possible and not allowed
- Park: Town of Belchertown-owned property
- Address: Amherst Road (MA 9)
- Town: Belchertown
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: Lat 42.328834 Lng -72.428004
- Parking Notes: Parking is available right at the trailhead to the Holland Glen Trail. The parking area is located on Amherst Road (MA 9) and there is space for about 6 cars.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE