Knife Shop Falls is a spectacular waterfall located in Litchfield, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 40 feet and it can be found along the Humaston Brook. Humaston Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Knife Shop Falls is a great spot to visit year-round.
The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of plunges, horsetails, and cascades. There are distinct upper, middle, and lower falls that make up Knife Shop Falls. The upper falls drops 14 feet, the middle falls drop 15 feet, and the lower falls drop 11 feet. Swimming during the summer months is good at the pools at the base of the upper and lower falls.
Accessing the waterfall is super easy and quick. The waterfall is located in the Humaston Brook State Park which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park along Knife Shop Road and then hike just a few hundred feet to the falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly considering how short the trail is. Dogs are also welcome to explore the waterfall and the rest of the state park.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 40 feet in total (Upper falls drop 14 feet, middle falls drop 15 feet, and lower falls drop 11 feet)
- Type: Plunges, horsetails, and cascades
- Water Source: Humaston Brook
- Swimming: Good at the upper and lower falls
- Park: Humaston Brook State Park
- Address: Knife Shop Road
- Town: Litchfield
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: 41.6984, -73.10274
- Parking Notes: Parking is available on the side of Knife Shop Road right where it intersects with Newton Road. Parking is free and the waterfall is just a few feet from the parking area.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE