The Marlborough State Armory was constructed in 1905 at 358 Lincoln Street. For nearly 100 years it was owned and maintained by the National Guard. In 1990, the National Guard stopped using the property and it was essentially abandoned. A developer was interested in acquiring the property to tear down the armory and re-develop it. The town of Marlborough believed this would help the town economically, but the Massachusetts Historical Commission turned down the request. The commission believed that the building’s history was important and it should be preserved. As of writing, the armory is on the market for sale.
- Year Built: 1905
- Year Abandoned: 1990
- Original Function: State armory