Money Brook Falls is a beautiful and very tall waterfall located in North Adams, Massachusetts. The waterfall has a total height of 80 feet, making it one of the tallest waterfalls in the state. The fall is located along Money Brook which flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Money Brook Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of a horsetail and multiple cascades.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Mount Greylock State Reservation which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park along Notch Road at the trailhead. After parking, visitors can hike the Money Brook Trail for 0.3 miles one-way to the falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of Mount Greylock State Reservation.
Money Brook Falls is often rated as one of the best waterfalls in Massachusetts due to its amazing high and water flow. If you are looking to explore more great waterfalls in the state, be sure to check out goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-massachusetts-full-list
- Height: 80-foot total drop
- Type: Horsetail and cascades
- Water Source: Money Brook
- Swimming: Not possible and not allowed
- Park: Mt. Greylock State Reservation
- Address: Notch Road
- Town: North Adams
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: Lat 42.662589 Lng -73.168668
- Parking Notes: There is a small dirt parking lot on Notch Road located right at the trailhead. The parking area can hold about 4-5 cars.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE