Pauchaug Brook Falls is a beautiful roadside waterfall located in Northfield, Massachusetts. The waterfall has a total height of 15 feet and it can be found along Pauchaug Brook. Pauchaug Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Pauchaug Brook Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of a lovely series of cascades.
Accessing the waterfall is super easy. The waterfall is located right off Wanamaker Road in Northfield, it is truly a roadside waterfall. A small parking lot can be found just steps from the waterfall and visitors can then walk to the falls. This waterfall is a wonderful family-friendly spot to explore. Dogs are welcome at the falls too!
Pauchaug Brook Falls is a bit of a hidden gem. Many people drive right by the falls without knowing they exist. This is a benefit because explorers often have the falls to themselves. If you enjoy photography, this is a wonderful place to capture some long exposure waterfall shots.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Massachusetts including hidden gems like this one? Check out goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-massachusetts-full-list
- Height: 15-foot total drop
- Type: Cascades
- Water Source: Pauchaug Brook
- Swimming: Not possible and not allowed
- Park: None
- Address: Wanamaker Road
- Town: Northfield
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: Lat 42.720168 Lng -72.445168
- Parking Notes: There is a small pullover area right off Wanamaker Road (Route 10) just steps from the waterfall. The parking lot is not well-marked or maintained. It can only hold 1-2 cars.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE