Pine Brook Falls is a wonderful little waterfall located in East Hampton, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of about 12 feet and it can be found along Pine Brook. The brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring to see the most watershed, Pine Brook Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of a 6-foot block followed by 6 feet of cascades.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Pine Brook Falls Preserve which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park at the trailhead along Sexton Hill Road and then hike a quarter mile one-way to the falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Leashed dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of the preserve.
Looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore? Check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 12-foot total drop (6-foot block followed by 6 feet of cascades)
- Type: Block and cascades
- Water Source: Pine Brook
- Swimming: Not possible and not allowed
- Park: Pine Brook Falls Preserve
- Address: Sexton Hill Road
- Town: East Hampton
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: 41.5227548, -72.5071964
- Parking Notes: There is a small parking area along Sexton Hill Road, right at the trailhead to the preserve. From the parking area, the falls are 0.25 mile one-way hike.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE