Roaring Brook Falls is a great waterfall located along Roaring Brook in Lenox, Massachusetts. It is often an overlooked waterfall in the Berkshires, but it is well worth checking out! The waterfall is relatively easy to access via a 0.25-mile hike along Roaring Brook. Roaring Brook Falls is officially part of October Mountain State Forest which features a well-maintained trail system.
The main waterfall drops about 7 feet, but there are several smaller cascades nearby too. The falls are fueled by Roaring Brook which often flows strongest during the spring when the snow melts. Additionally, it is a great waterfall to visit after large rainstorms. Photographers often bring tripods to the falls to capture magical long-exposure photos.
Looking for more great waterfalls to explore in Massachusetts? Check out our full list of every waterfall in Massachusetts.
- Height: Main falls are 7 feet
- Type: Cascade
- Water Source: Roaring Brook
- Swimming: Good
Roaring Brook Falls Location
- Park: October Mountain State Forest
- Address: Roaring Brook Road
- Town: Lenox
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: Lat 42.386334 Lng -73.234151
- Parking Notes: There are dirt parking spots located along Roaring Brook Road, right over the bridge over Roaring Brook. Parking is free and only steps from the trailhead.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.