Clarendon Gorge Lower Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Clarendon, Vermont. The waterfall drops about 15 feet and it can be found along the Mill River. Mill River features strong water flow year-round which means the waterfall is a great place to visit on any day of the year. The waterfall itself can be found in the narrow gorge and drops in a unique formation consisting of a plunge and cascades.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Lower Clarendon Gorge State Forest. It can be found just a few feet from Gorge Road. This is a wonderful family-friendly and dog-friendly location. Use caution because this waterfall has some steep and slippery terrain that can be hard to navigate.
Be sure to also visit Clarendon Gorge Upper Falls which is close by!
- Height: 15 feet
- Type: Plunge and cascades
- Water Source: Mill River
- Swimming: Not allowed / not possible
Clarendon Gorge Lower Falls Location
- Park: Lower Clarendon Gorge State Forest
- Address: Gorge Road
- Town: Clarendon
- State: Vermont
- GPS: 43.517744, -72.957130
- Parking Notes: Visitors can park along Gorge Road and then take a short walk to the falls. Be sure to pull over completely on the side of the road.
- Parking Directions: N/A
- Location Directions: HERE