Pitcher Falls is a wonderful waterfall located in the AMC Noble View Outdoor Center in Russell, Massachusetts. The park features 360 acres of beautiful woodlands, well-maintained trails, and two stunning waterfalls. Pitcher Falls is the larger of the two, the other being Little Pitcher Falls.
Pitcher Falls drops about 15 feet into a large pool. The waterfall consists of plunges and cascades. It is powered by Pitcher Brook which flows the strongest after rainstorms and during the snowmelt in the spring. Hiking to the waterfall is very straightforward. Explorers can park at the outdoor center parking area where they will find the Pitcher Brook Trailhead. Follow the Pitcher Falls Trail for 0.7 miles one-way to reach the waterfall. A few hundred feet upriver from Pitcher Falls is Little Pitcher Falls. The smaller waterfall is about 8 feet tall, but still very beautiful!
Once you arrive at Pitcher Falls, be sure to be cautious if you want to get down to the base of the falls. There are steep ledges and the trail gets very slippery when wet. Be careful and enjoy!
- Height: 15 feet approximate drop
- Type: Plunge and cascades
- Water Source: Pitcher Brook
- Swimming: Not rated (not sure if allowed or not)
- Park: AMC Noble View Outdoor Center
- Address: 635 South Quarter Rd
- Town: Russell
- State: Massachusetts
- GPS: 42.128333, -72.870556
- Parking Notes: There is a large dirt parking lot at the end of the AMC Noble View Outdoor Center driveway. This parking area is located right at the trailhead. Additionally, there is parking located at the AMC Noble View Outdoor Center gate right off South Quarter Road. This requires a longer hike to the waterfalls. Parking is free, but donations are very welcomed.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE