Porcupine Falls is a beautiful waterfall located in Gilsum, New Hampshire. The waterfall has a total height of 15 feet and it can be found along White Brook. White Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Porcupine Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique formation consisting of a horsetail and plunge.
Accessing the waterfall is relatively easy. The waterfall is located in the Calhoun Family Forest which features a well-marked trail system. Visitors can park at the end of White Brook Road and then hike about a quarter-mile to the falls. The waterfall trail is family-friendly and a great way to get some hiking in. Dogs are also allowed on the trail and through the entirety of Calhoun Family Forest.
If you’re looking for more great waterfalls in New Hampshire to explore, check out goxplr.com/map/new-hampshire
- Height: 15 feet
- Type: Horsetail and plunge
- Water Source: White Brook
- Swimming: Not possible
- Park: Calhoun Family Forest
- Address: White Brook Road
- Town: Gilsum
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: Lat 43.0335489 Lng -72.257559 (Approximate)
- Parking Notes: There is a dirt parking lot located at the trailhead to Porcupine Falls. The parking area is located at the end of White Brook Road. The road is bumpy and rocky so a 4-wheel drive vehicle is recommended.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE (Approximate)