Swiftwater Falls is a beautiful waterfall located along the Falling Waters Trail in Franconia Notch State Park. It drops about 60 feet in total and it features a mix of cascades and plunges. The waterfall is located 0.9 miles from the Falling Waters Trailhead, a few hundred feet past Stairs Falls. Swiftwater Falls is conveniently located right where the trail passes over Dry Brook. This interception allows for the waterfall to be easily viewed from its base.
After viewing the waterfall, visitors can turn back to the parking lot or continue an extra half mile up the trail to Cloudland Falls. The most adventurous visitors can continue up the trail to hike along the Franconia Ridge Trail to Mount Lincoln (5089′) and to Mount Lafayette (5260′).
Do you love chasing waterfalls in New Hampshire? Check out our recent guide covering the 10 Tallest Waterfalls In New Hampshire!
- Height: Approximately 60 feet
- Type: Plunges and cascades
- Water source: Dry Brook
- Swimming: N/A
Swiftwater Falls Location
- Park: Franconia Notch State Park
- Address: Route 93
- Town: Lincoln
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: Lat 44.1367112 Lng -71.6721155
- Parking Notes: There is a very large paved parking lot located at the Old Bridle Path Trailhead off I-93. Additional parking can be found across I-93 at the Lafayette Place Campground where there is an underground highway tunnel to the trailhead.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE