Wyllys Falls is a spectacular waterfall located in Manchester, Connecticut. The waterfall has a total height of 40 feet and it can be found along Birch Mountain Brook. Birch Mountain Brook flows strongest during spring when the snow melts and after heavy rainstorms. Although it is best to explore the waterfall in the spring, Wyllys Falls is a great spot to visit year-round. The waterfall itself drops in a unique fan formation.
The waterfall is located on Manchester Land Conservation Trust-owned property but it is not very established and no trail has been create for it. This means that bushwhacking is required to reach the falls. Luckily, the waterfall is only about 0.15 miles away from the road. This is not a very family-friendly waterfall to visit due to how rough the hike can be. Dogs are welcome to join in on the adventure, but may struggle to reach the falls.
Be sure to check out the Case Pond Waterfall which is just a few hundred feet away. If you’re looking for more great waterfalls in Connecticut to explore, be sure to check out our full list of CT waterfalls at goxplr.com/list/waterfalls-in-connecticut
- Height: 40 feet
- Type: Fan
- Water Source: Birch Mountain Brook
- Swimming: Not possible and not allowed
- Park: Manchester Land Conservation Trust-owned property
- Address: Spring Street
- Town: Manchester
- State: Connecticut
- GPS: 41.7624280, -72.4925088
- Parking Notes: There is a small parking lot on Spring Street and roadside parking available too. Remember, you will have to bushwhack along the brook to find the falls. No trail has been established.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.