Middle Ammonoosuc Falls is a gorgeous waterfall located in Crawfords Purchase, New Hampshire. The waterfall has a total height of 10 feet and can be found along the Ammonoosuc River. The river features great water flow year-round, making it a wonderful location to visit any day of the year. That said, it is most frequently visited during the summer season.
When it comes to the formation, the falls drop about 10 feet in total. It is made up of two 5-foot plunges. There are wonderful pools at the base of both falls which are very popular among swimmers during the summer. If you’re looking to swim be careful considering the terrain is steep, hard, and slippery.
Accessing the waterfall is super easy. The waterfall is located in the White Mountain National Forest which is known for its well-marked and extensive trail system. Visitors at the Ammonoosuc River Loop Trailhead along Base Station Road and then hike to the falls. The walk to the falls is just 0.1 miles one-way and features little elevation. It’s perfect for kids and dogs are welcome too!
Be sure to stop and admire the Upper Ammonoosuc Falls right near the parking area! If you’re looking for more great waterfalls in the state, check out the Full NH Waterfall List which is filterable by town, county, and rating.
- Height: 10 feet (two drops of about 5 feet each)
- Type: Plunges
- Water Source: Ammonoosuc River
- Swimming: Great
Middle Ammonoosuc Falls Location
- Park: White Mountain National Forest
- Address: Base Station Road
- Town: Crawford’s Purchase
- State: New Hampshire
- GPS: 44.264500, -71.418834
- Parking Notes: Parking is available at the Ammonoosuc River Loop Trailhead along Base Station Road. Parking here is free and just a few hundred feet from the waterfall.
- Parking Directions: HERE
- Location Directions: HERE
There are no reviews yet.